Saturday 21 January 2017

Sweet Potato Falafel


Last week I came across a recipe for sweet potato falafels. As luck would have it I had a left over baked sweet potato in the fridge so I decided to try it.


Place the sweet potato into a blender or food processor (remove the skin) along with a drained can of chick peas. (Save the liquid from the tin- did you know you can make meringues with this liquid?)


Add ground cumin, crushed garlic and any other spices you like (experiment). Blend together.
You will need something to bind it together. You can use flour, or, I used oats. Mix. Form into patties and coat with sesame seeds. Fry, or a bit healthier, bake in the oven. I tried both - the baked falafels were firmer but just as tasty. Good to eat hot or cold.




No comments:

Post a Comment